Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children (SWAC)
`Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children’ (SWAC) was formed by a group of dedicated parents of children with autism in 2000 with the aim of educating, training and rehabilitating children, adolescents and adults with autism to develop and perform to their fullest potential, making them independent and active members of the society, enabling them to integrate and contribute to the mainstream of national development and establishing their rights as citizens of this country. SWAC is a pioneer, non–profit, non–government, non-political and voluntary organization rendering services to individuals with autism and their families in order to improve the quality of their lives for over thirteen years.
- Centre for inspiration, Rangamati(Schooling facilities for indigenous community)
- Diagnosis and assessment of children with autism(Sunday to Thursday)
- Training and special education centre
- Vocational training
- Package program
- Outing program
- Parent counseling
- Parent training programs
- Teacher training programs
- Integration of high functioning children with autism into mainstream schools
- Annual Magazine and Newsletters
- Seminars, workshops and conferences
- Awareness programs
- Underprivileged Disabled Section
- Networking with local, national and international organizations working with Autism and other disabilities
- Occupational andSensory Therapy
- Home Rehabilitation Program
- Computer Classes
- Ambulant Teacher Service(low income family)
- Work together with Networking Partner organizations and Sister organizations
- Work together with Cooperation Partners(Autistic Children Welfare and Development Centre, Chittagong, Bogra Autism Care Centre(BACC), Bogra , Foundation for Women and Child Assistances(FWCA), Rajshahai)
- Peer group Discussion
- Self Advocacy
- Focus Group Discussion
An autism friendly world where all children adolescents adults with autism have equal rights, participation and opportunities in every aspect of life, integrate into all mainstream activities and lead meaningful lives with dignity and respect that they deserve.
To develop modern, excellent quality and appropriate education, training and variety of services and facilities for children, adolescents and adults with autism in order to maximize their full potential and make them independent and active members of the society regardless of their race, relation, caste or creed.
To facilitate a barrier free environment, improve the quality of lives and empower the individuals with autism and their families. Transform the autism population into assets instead of being a burden to the society.
Create mass awareness about autism in order to eradicate prejudice preconceived ideas and promote positive mindsets and attitudes.
Training for Parents:
Parent Teacher Meetings are held every 3 months, Parent counseling /training
Hands on Training for Cooperation Partners:
4 times in a year
Md Mofijul Islam,
Project Manager, Prerona Project, Finland , SWAC, Bangladesh
Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children(SWAC)
70/Ka, Pisciculture, shyamoli, Dhaka