School for Gifted Children (SGC)
(A school for Children with Special Needs)
Address: House – 6/9, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207
School for Gifted Children (SGC) is the core component of Special Schooling Project grounded by Tauri Foundation. It is a special needs school aimed at facilitating learning of children with special needs and advance their rights in the community. Tauri Foundation operates two branches of SGC – one at its head office in Lalmatia, Dhaka and the other in Rajshahi.
SGC provides special schooling for children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy and Down Syndrome. It follows an effective and appropriate curriculum and teachers design a goal plan for each student depends upon individual needs and abilities.
In addition to academic activities, the children receive therapeutic and psychological support which helps them to develop organized behavior, so that they can function in daily life activities. The children also participate in various extra-curricular activities such as sports competition, singing, reciting and acting. Other recreational programs such as picnic and outing are arranged for children annually a multidisciplinary staff team, which includes therapists, special needs teachers and psychologists, ensure the creation of an atmosphere most favorable to the development and education of these children. The journeys of School for Gifted Children (SGC) began in the year 2004. When it started in January 2004, the School for Gifted children in Dhaka had only 14 students. Today, this number has gradually increased to 125 plus.
Our Specialties & Activities include:
- Followed international standards/approved teaching methods;
- Individualized Education Programs (IEP);
- One-to-One & Group learning (according to level);
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) training;
- Occupational Therapy (OT);
- Speech & Language Therapy (SLT);
- Music Therapy;
- Relaxation Therapy;
- Sensory Integration Therapy;
- Music, Dance & Drawing training;
- Pre-Vocational & Vocational Training;
- Home visit;
- Parents counselling;
- Referral services;
- Annual picnic & Outing;
- Eye check-up;
- Dental check-up;
- Training, workshop for parents, siblings, caregiver, and professionals;
- Package program;
- Awareness program;
- SGC premises & Class room under CCTV surveillance.