[Note by AutismBD: This School is Not Operational at this moment]
Advanced School for Special Children (ASSC)
(FIRST PRIVATE AUTISM SCHOOLING EXPERIENCES IN BANGLADESH)
Advanced school for special children (ASSC) is a non-profitable, non-government and voluntary welfare organization established in late 2010 aiming to train and educate the Special children suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
The School is a special concern of Satata Songostha (SS). SATATA SONGOSTHA (SS) is a leading non- government, non-profitable, and non-political development organization, established in 2007 with the active initiative of a group of educated social workers. It has been working with an aim to promote the socio-economic status of the extreme rural poor and disadvantaged people with special emphasis on women and children through institution & capacity building, capital formation and imparting need-based programs. ASSC provides programs that support its mission in a variety of way, including community awareness and outreach, early screening and intervention, parent and professional information, health assistance and training as well as support. ASSC’s day to day activities now focus on a wide range of services and activities to improve the lives of children with autism and their families. ASSC since its inception has made several intervention in these regards.
At present ASSC is providing special education program to children age range in between 3 to 8 years.Methods & Consideration:
- ASSC studies a child’s DIAGNOSIS REPORT carefully
- Follow the ADVICE SLIP & other medical reports from the specialist where the child is previously diagnosed.
- CONSULT with the parents regarding the child’s early behavioral pattern, lifestyle & other necessary information using structured international standard questionnaire.
- Consult with teachers & prepare a DAILY OBSERVATION report
- Based upon the information ASSC prepares an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each individual student.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Picture Exchange Communication. System (PECS)
- One-to-one Method,
- Group Play
- Other Scientific approach recommended by the therapist
Common School Works:
- Pre play schooling
- Table manners
- Toilet training
- Drawing & Coloring
- Imitation (oral, gross motor etc)
- Work for developing Eye contact
- Work for improving speech delay
- Primary physiotherapy
Improve Communication skill with following:
- Attention (visual & auditory)
- Waiting and turn taking
- Body concept
- Use of body parts
- Comprehension of command
- Comprehension of command involving objects and movement
- Picture conversation
- Awareness and utility of daily use object
– Provide Parent’s consultation
– Consultation for appropriate home management
TRAINING & ADVOCACY:
– Training program for parents and trainers
– Increase public awareness about autism